Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Father's and son's (and daughter)

On Friday, our ward had their Father's and son's camp-out. As a wonderful mother's day present, Josh took all the kids. It was great!! I had the house to myself. Unfortunately I had to clean it. (the only chance I have to do it and not have it get destroyed in 30 seconds) But it was quiet!


And Saturday was Emery's birthday, she was having a party I was getting ready for. They came home filthy about a half hour before the party. And yes, when they came home, the house was dirty again. And I had a pile of laundry to do. So my mother's day present was quickly over. ;)



She turned 8! And what a sweet 8 year old! She is so excited to get baptized. We got her a pet! At least she thinks she got a pet, even though it was just a fish! he he he!

No smells, no poop to clean up, no hair on furniture, and best of all quiet! The best kind of pet ever! She was thrilled and named him Phineas. (We'll see how long it can live.)

3 comments:

Mandy and Jason said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMERY!!! Looks like you had a great time. Take good care of Phineas. We love you!
Mandy, Jason, Kimball, Jack, and Tod (in 9 mos).

Anonymous said...

Lucky You for a break! Your cake is so cute! How fun for Emery. Is she getting baptized in June? Let us know...we might be up!

utahnelsonfamily said...

Happy Birthday Emery, good luck with the baptism