Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stealing from the bees


So this morning I went and cut down some of my sunflowers. I felt a little guilty, since there were about 20 bees around the flowers. And then again when the kids came in and asked if those were the flowers they planted in the spring and said "Now they will die." (Don't worry there are tons more) But I still had guilt. I know they won't last long but the pedals fall off so quick after they bloom that I had to bring a couple in for me.

Another thing I have been working on is my table. I have wanted to paint it forever! And the other day I finally did. I haven't finished painting the chairs yet but I painted the legs and backs of two of the chairs and the legs of the table. So my question is, should I paint the table top black or stain it cherry? And then should I sand the edges a little to give it that worn look or leave it. Right now it is an oak color and I don't think it looks that great. I have a bench along the back that has black legs and a cherry seat, so I could match that or paint it black too. What do you think?

1 comment:

Jen Lee said...

I don't know about the tabletop part. But I would say go ahead and rough up the edges a little~ that way when the kids ding it or scratch it you won't be able to tell as much! Your flowers are beautiful!!!!