Thursday, June 16, 2011

End of School

Well, the ending of another school year has come! Ethan thinks he's so grown up now that he is done with elementary school. Next year he goes to Jr. High! (kinda freaking me out) Emery will be in 5th grade, Nate goes into 3rd and Will starts 1st! YAY for me! All day school next year!We are looking forward to a very busy yet FUN summer!! But trying to keep my sanity, I usually come up with some sort of chore chart so the kids stay busy and not letting the house go to pot (to much more than it is).

A couple of years ago I made this chart....and hung it inside my hallway closet.

Last year I had the kids do different chores that would earn them time on the TV or some sort of computer game. They each had a bucket that they would put their tokens. After doing a job (I had a list of things they could do with the corresponding time, ie. sweeping the stairs=15 min, something like that) they would put their minute tokens in the bucket and could either use them or save them up. (they usually wanted to save them up since 15 min barely gets you started on something) It worked pretty well, but I needed to mix things up a bit so they wouldn't get to burned out.
So this year I made a list of all the things I wanted each kid to do. They have to show me their chart before being allowed to hang out with friends, watch TV or play toys. Very simple! I also have on there "mom's choice". This is so if I need something different done, I don't get whining and complaints saying "it's not on the chart". Sneaky eh?



No comments: