Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New out of Old

Josh and I have had our kitchen table for about 8 or 9 years. It has been used and abused. The top was literally wearing out, there were parts where the finish was worn right off from use. And our sweet Ethan had carved the word "Hi" into it (hey at least it was just Hi).

(like the old kitchen?)
A year or two ago I painted the legs and backs of the chairs and the table black, knowing that someday I would finish the top, when I could figure out how to do it.

Well that someday came!

It was actually very easy! I sanded it down, stained it a much darker color and coated it with polyurethane, and now it looks like a brand new table! It only took me 4 days and about $20. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously...you are so handy, crafty...something amazing! I am in awe! It looks great.