Sunday, December 14, 2008

On the 5th day till Josh comes home.......

................my kids and I decorated graham cracker houses.

They had lots of fun! Ate way too much candy, and now are screaming and tearing the house apart. (Can you say sugar high?)


So I only have 5 more days (or so) till Josh comes home for his 2 week break. I am so grateful that he gets to be with us on Christmas. We couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present.

This has been a very long deployment. It has been 8 months since our trip to Disneyland, where we got to see him for 4 days, and 10 months since he has been home. (Well 12 if you count him going to Washington DC for a month training in Jan and the month of February was spent sleeping at Camp Williams) The other good thing about him coming home this late in the deployment, is that when he has to go back, he will have only 2 months left!!

The kids have all grown a lot taller (me around the middle), and we've had lots happen in the last year. Having my wonderful guy around to make my life complete again is something I don't even know how to express.

Merry Christmas everybody! And especially those soldiers and their families that don't get to be together. Those wives that have been so much fun to get to know, and have struggled this very long year too. I hope you all can have a Merry Christmas, you all are in my prayers and thoughts every day.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I am so excited for you!!!!

Van Hoff Family said...

Kara,
I know you don't remember me. My name is Carol Ann Van Hoff, married to Aaron Van Hoff who was roommates with Josh way back in college. I was even at your wedding. We found you and are so excited! If I give you my email, would you send us your address? We'd love to send a Christmas card and then be able to keep in touch. We're very excited that you only have 5 more days until Josh comes home.
Hope we hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Carol Ann
vanhoff@hotmail.com

Sammy said...

1 screaming Will... "ahhhhh!" on cue. That's what your title reminded me of.
So exciting that it's SO soon! We love you guys. Cute gingerbread houses!

V and Co. said...

oh i've grown pretty fond of you too. and i'm so excited that you have only a few more days till he gets home for leave. you will just absolutely love having him around, it makes having him go this time a little harder, but you can always talk to any of us who have already gone through that this year! yay for this deployment for almost being over!!!!!! WOOT! WOOT!

burg3g said...

I love the idea of grahm cracker houses! We are doing that this year instead of gingerbread.

Mandy and Jason said...

Give Josh a big hug for us when he gets home. We hope to be up there after Christmas to see all of you guys... as long as the weather is good.

Brandee said...

Have a wonderful time with your husband - you have waited very patiently through all of our visits - I'm so glad yours is almost here!! I hope those two weeks are the longest of your life! :)