Monday, December 1, 2008

Birthday surprize? Hardly!

Well now that I have a 10 year old, I guess I need to do a better job hiding birthday and Christmas presents.

Ethan confessed to me the other day that he snooped. He told me where he looked and that he looked at receipts. He told me he saw a bag in my closet (which was hidden under a pile of sweaters) but he said he didn't see it (Only because I said, you snoop you don't get it). But I heard him tell his dad he was getting a camera.

And on a receipt he saw "Lego set" (which was a huge set for Christmas, so I had to go to the store and buy him a small Lego set for his birthday so I wouldn't mess up his Christmas.) So he thinks he is getting a big Lego set for his birthday but now he's only getting a tiny one! Serves him right! The little punk!!



I also have a child that wanted a bandaid so bad that he went around the house banging his foot and arm on things so he could "bleed". (I wouldn't let him have a bandaid when his brother got a cut, saying "bandaids are only for when you are bleeding") I know I am a terrible mother, and should have let him have the dang bandaid, but it was really funny.



And finaly, I put something on Emery's wall. I still need to get the chair rail to finish it, but at least I put up the vinyl. Thanks to wonderful Sam!


2 comments:

Sammy said...

Hey the vinyl looks great! And you got it up straight I'm so impressed.
It was soo fun seeing you and your kids. They are SO good and so much fun.

Brandee said...

Love your girl's room!