Friday, October 16, 2009

Our kitchen

When we bought our house, I knew the kitchen HAD to be re-done! Lovely thinly painted green (over dark brown so you can see through the green) cabinets, a lowered ceiling (I don't know why unless it was to hang the cabinets over the counter, so you have to duck to look at people on the other side) and gorgeous appliances (that heat up so hot that I think the kitchen is hotter than the oven, and don't touch the front our you will burn your hand).

Well, we decided that the house needed windows first. UGGHH!! Who likes spending money on windows?

3 Years later we decide to get started on our kitchen. Knocking down the dropped ceiling! Luckily I have an awesome dad! And a husband that loves destruction. ;)

Kitchen before demolition began.....Kitchen during....and what a mess!!!


Kitchen now....no we aren't quite done yet.
Now all we need is a fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and new cabinets! We got our new stove because Josh stepped on the other one, breaking the surface....oops.....(ya I did a little victory cheer)

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Yay! It looks great and I love the red!

Mandy and Jason said...

It looks fabulous! You guys never cease to amaze me with your skills. Now if you can just get Josh to accidentally break off the door to the fridge and dishwasher.

Anonymous said...

I love it! You are so handy!