Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I can sew! Who knew?

Josh and I got called to be "Tribal Leaders" for Youth Conference this year. Instead of trek, they are doing a Book of Mormon re-enactment. They asked us to make Book of Mormon-ish/tribal wear. I had no idea what I was doing. But I came up with a simple tunic that actually turned not to shabby.
And since I had my sewing machine out (and the dust blown off it) I decided to make a laundry hamper. I copied the one I had previously had and loved but it got destroyed. I made it out of an old blanket I got from the hospital when Nate broke his arm, and pvc pipes. Super easy!!
But for all you REAL sewers out there, don't look too close :)

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Glad you are back in the blogging world - I've missed seeing updates! Great job on the tunics! I call myself a creative sewer b/c I can't follow a pattern - but your hamper is seriously impressive.