Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Funk

I've been doing a bunch of projects around the house lately.  Trying to get out of the January funk.

 First of all I painted my bathroom cabinets.  I have been wanting to do this forever!  I was just to chicken!  One morning I just woke up and said today is the day!  So I painted them black.  They look really great!  I still need to frame the mirror, replace the faucet and tile the floor (which will include redoing the sub-floor, and probably the tile behind the tub, which will probably then include a new tub and possibly a new toilet.  So that one will have to wait a bit.) 


Then I redid Emery's room AGAIN! I think I've repainted her room 4 times.  But I've finally got it right. 

(before.....ugh what was I thinking?  And this was such an improvement on the first try....that was scary!!!!!  I wish I could find a picture)


(AFTER....so much better!!  The walls are a still a little plain, and I still need to make something for the window.)
































The color is a beautiful icy blue.  I accented it with white and black (mainly zebra print).  I still need to spray paint her bed and her dresser black.  (Now that I've done my bathroom cabinets, I'm much more enthusiastic!)  I also made her name to match the new decor.  And all of this looks sooooo much better in person!!

But the best thing about the room is her reaction.  She said as we were moving furniture around and making her bed, "I don't feel like a baby anymore, with all the cutesy pink.  I feel like I'm growing up."  Not that I'm excited for her to grow up, mind you!!  But she was so happy with the colors and LOVED the zebra print!!


And this last one I made this for primary. I put it on here for my sister.  :)     


No comments: