Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween again

Halloween is normally my favorite holiday (except Christmas of course).  However these past couple of years I have not been in the mood.  Normally I go all out and decorate my house like a haunted house at a carnival.  Last year I went all out but got so sick of the house being so messy that I took them down the day before Halloween. This year I put up some lights and leaves and the kids threw the grave stones in the yard and we called it good.  I'd even forgotten about costumes this year.  Until 4 days ago when the kids asked what they were going to be for Halloween.  We always have a ward chili cook-off where the kids wear costumes.  So we did a little searching on Pinterest and came up with some fun costumes. 

Ethan of course thinks he is to old (I don't think anyone is to old to dress up) and he has to work on Halloween.  

Emery decided to be Josh Dun, the drummer from the band Twenty One Pilots.
(I know YIKES right?) 
 


 Nate wanted to be the Riddler from Batman Arkham City video game. It was really fun making his costume.  I found a green jacket at DI and then sewed the lapels and the tie added a ? here and there.  But the funnest part is the cane.  It is made out of 2x2 wood pieces and a wood dowel. 




And Will wanted to be a cross walk sign!  His is my favorite.  It's a cute costume, however he won't be able to go trick-or-treating while holding the sign, so we will have to figure something else out. 




 So those are our fun kids and the super fun costumes!  Another year of candy and having fun! 







No comments: