Tuesday, May 20, 2008

FUN SUMMER CHORES!!Well I just wanted to let all you husbands out there know how much we wives take you all for granted! I have been digging this lovely hole for about 2 days now (as many hours as my back would allow at a time which is about 4) with a bent back, and nowhere to put my feet or my butt, trying to get it ready for my brother-in-law (bless him) to come and try to fix my sprinkler system. (Josh, you will owe him so big for doing this for you he he) As you may be able to see (or maybe not) the pipes are antiques! Some metal, and who know what the valves are made of. (maybe I could sell them on ebay and make some money) The roots are the reason it has taken me 2 days to accomplish, roots tied around each pipe and some so big I had to use a power saw to remove (another task I know most of us take, our husbands, for granted) but mostly just enough to be annoying and not let me use a big shovel! I had to use the 2 tools that are seen here in the picture to dig around the roots and array of pipes. So now I have a better appreciation for prison breaks! I think a good long hot bath will be much needed tonight!

6 comments:

burg3g said...

What a woman you are! Did you get my message about not coming to hang out today. Hopefully you won't be to sore tomorrow.

V and Co. said...

wow, we could use you down here on the farm...

Marie said...

I love it! I am sooooo glad my sprinklers were fine. I hope you are not to sore!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed you did that all yourself...Yes, I think I definitely take Ben's hard work in this area for granted! Good Job! Josh should be proud!

Marie said...

I am looking to rent. The problem is I have 2 cats. So if you know of anything let me know! Thanks!!! I am coming down.

Emily said...

You are amazing...right about the part about the roots, is where I would have brooken down and cried! You are awsome!