Saturday, June 7, 2008

Kids Rooms

Emery's room

I just finished painting Emery's room, well I'm not completely done yet but just about. I either want to put chair rail on the wall or do some kind of a border around the room just above the stripes. I know it's not the best, there are probably much cuter things I could have done but it is way cuter than before (and those of you that saw it know it is a huge improvement) I also want to give her some cute stuff to put on the wall, I want some vinyl lettering with some cute saying on it, but I don't know yet. (if anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them). And yes her room is already a mess and yes she was asleep when I took the picture. And yes it looks better in real life.


Okay , now I know what you all are thinking, "this is way cuter, why didn't she do this instead?" (This is one I found off the internet) Well I already bought the paint before I saw this, and for some reason I really wanted the green. But this is what I want to maybe do as a border (the polka dots) what do you think? This or chair rail? Or should I paint over it and do something completely different? Or should I go buy the brown paint and do this one (sigh)
Roadway room

This was what I did in Nate and Will's room. I think I like this one the best! It was fun!

Pirate room

And here is Ethan's room which I did right after we moved in because his room was about the size of a closet (and didn't even have a closet, until my dad built one in Nov) and felt so bad that he was in the crappiest room. There is a little dorsal fin of a shark on the other wall (that was my favorite)



Jungle room

And this is my nephew's room that I helped my sister paint. I just threw that in there for fun cause I thought it was cute and wish I had done that for one of my kids instead. Oh well!

5 comments:

Becca said...

KARA! Those rooms are so cute-you are talented girl!

burg3g said...

It turned out perfect! I love it!

Marie said...

WOW I love the rooms!

Sammy said...

Hello you could be a designer on TLC!
I LOVE Emery's room with the green. I have the perfect pink vinyl to match it! I'll start searching for quotes. And to be honest I don't like the brown and pink as much. Yours looks way better! I vote for the chair rail rather than the polka dots. But that's just me!
Can't wait to see you!

Mandy and Jason said...

When are you coming to Las Vegas next? I need to hire you to help with some rooms here. You are amazing with this stuff. The rooms all look awesome. Good thing Kimball's too young to get jealous.