Monday, May 17, 2010

Tragedy & Comedy

Tragedy:

Well.....Sunday afternoon, after thinking we could enjoy a relaxing sabbath, Ethan came running upstairs telling us that our family room floor was soaking wet. We ran downstairs splashing on the carpet and opened the washroom/utility room door, to find about 2 inches of water covering the floor and water draining out of the water heater's overflow.

Comedy:

There really isn't a comedic side. I think it is one of those things that you just have to laugh at. And there are a couple of "polite chuckles" that go along with something like this.

As we were cleaning up; dumping dirty, soggy laundry on our back lawn (trying hard not to look too much like white trash), slicing up furniture so it will fit out the door (a couch we have been wanting an excuse to get rid of).....etc. Josh picks up a brand new full box of laundry soap that had been sitting on the floor, and the bottom falls out, dumping powder everywhere...in water.....Just standing there looking at the mess and still holding the empty box by the handle, he says...."Well at least the room will smell nice" I really don't know why this was so funny to me. I guess it's just one of those moments.

The other thing is, it is forcing us to do some much needed spring cleaning! We've apparently lived here WAY too long and have collected WAY too many things (that are now piled in the garage).

And sitting here, in my stench, having not showered in two days because we have no hot water, (yes I am beginning to mold) I really don't care that my house is a disaster, we have piles of dirty laundry trying to dry so it won't stink, sitting on my deck, and that we may or may not have to buy a new water heater. I'm just so happy that Josh is home for this tragedy.

But we are quietly waiting for another to follow, such as a trip to the er, a car breaking down, or something in that realm of things. (Ours always come in 3's!)

No comments: