Friday, May 7, 2010

SURPRISE!!

We had told Emery she wasn't going to have a birthday party this year, since she had one last year. I think it may have broken her heart. So about a month ago I decided to give in and give her another party, but I hadn't told her about it yet (maybe hoping that my guilt would go away and I could avoid another party) :(

I always do BIG parties, with a theme...you know, the works. So as I was thinking of a theme and kind of what she's been into lately. She always runs around with her little notebook searching for clues to a real mystery. So I thought about doing a detective/spy party. Then I thought...I haven't told her she can have a party yet.....why not make it a SECRET spy surprise party!

So then I came up with these adorable invites. It was tons of fun. The girls were so cute about keeping it a secret, even some of the parents had fun with the TOP SECRET surprise, and left really cute r.s.v.p.s.I didn't tell my younger boys, for fear they would let it slip (Will mostly) but Ethan had to be in on it. He was able to sneakily get the invites to a couple of the girls at school that I didn't know.

It was a lot of fun! The girls had a blast, and I really don't think Em had a clue!!

I made the cutest cake that looked way cuter in person (or so I will have you believe) Played some super fun games. (the girls wanted more)
The girls were adorable and so much fun to have at a party. (9 is a great age) What a good group of girls!! I loved them all!

Finally something to blog about! Since my kitchen was finished, I haven't done a single thing. It's been kinda nice.

4 comments:

Sammy said...

I would have LOVED a birthday like that at Em's age. I bet she loved it. Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

I kinda wish I was your kid. Will you adopt me? Happy Birthday Emery! Wow...she's just such a cutie!

Becca said...

You are such a fun mom! I love all your parties!

Leah and James Bangert Family said...

Wow, that party sounds like the so much fun. And I loved the bomb cake it looked like you put a lot of thought into it! Man, a 9 year old daughter, that is amazing!!!!