Friday, August 13, 2010

Raspberry jam?

Last week I went up to Idaho again! But this time I went to make jam. Josh's favorite jam is raspberry (well the only kind he likes) and so he was excited about me going up.

My uncle Clark has TONS of raspberry bushes, that he so kindly shared with me. My mom and I took the kids and picked till we were sick. And when I say the kids I really mean they came to eat and whine. (and we didn't even get 1/4 of the berries)

We took them back to my mom's where she helped me make jam! I've never done anything other than freezer jam, so I needed help! We ended up with around 43 jars!! We may not have much other stuff in our food storage, but hey! we have raspberry jam to last 2 years!!!!

1 comment:

Mommy Amy's blog said...

Hopefully your kids like PB and J. I made jam last year, not nearly as much though and we are still reaping the benefits! Zed eats it almost every day for lunch! I have to agree with Josh, raspberry is the best!