Thursday, August 14, 2008

Canoeing in Yellowstone

Our canoeing trip was fabulous! We canoed into the back country of Yellowstone at the Shoshone Lake. Wow what a beautiful country we have. It was hard, beautiful, full of mosquitoes, and lots of fun.

We had to pull our canoes up river for a while (2 hours to be exact) where the river got to swift and to shallow to row upstream.

The toilets were so funny, they were out in the open in little cans so the bears couldn't get into it.......but check out the view you got.... wow I could sit there all day (if it wasn't for the mosquitoes)
My dad and I were an amazing rowing team! (at least I like to believe I actually helped)
We didn't see any bears, but got very close to this bald eagle.
Oh and darn we had to wake up to mornings like this..........
Brother-in-law Scott, brother Bill & wife Nikki, sister Melanie & husband Steve
Dad, ME, and uncle Clark
No this is not a Sasquatch siting.....we had to dress like this to keep the mosquitoes from eating us alive.
I know way to many pictures.......

We had the most fun messing around with Steve's camera and glow sticks. So this was for you Josh! It would have been perfect if you had been there.
The morning we left the river back out was like glass.
I would definitely doing it again.....next year....??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara- looks like fun. I can't believe that about your house. Next time you come through St. George you need to call. We would love to see your kids. I suppose we could do the same the next time we're in Midway...which will be Swiss days. Hopefully we'll see you then. I think you are one of the toughest girls I know and I can't believe how well you are doing with all 4 of these kids on your own. You inspire me. - Kim

Sammy said...

Kara! Cool trip! I'm coming over Swiss Days. So C.A.L.L. M.E. and I can print off some vinyl really quick for the rooms! I had cute idea for Ethan's. You could do "It's A Pirate's Life For Me" or something. And for Em's I have the pink and green that I think match perfectly.
Seriously, I want to make you some vinyl!

Marie said...

That looks like fun! I am ready for another break!