Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Small house fire!

I went on a canoe trip about 3 weeks ago (very fun by the way) I get home and I find my house stinking like smoke, black soot all over the house and at each of the vents this....
Apparently the furnace had a weird electrical short and burst into flames. It burned the entire motor and the filter to ash. Luckily, it had nothing else to burn, nothing was close to the furnace, and it put itself out. But there was a lot of smoke damage. So I have been in a hotel for a week and expect to be here for another week! (UGH) We have a restoration crew cleaning the house, clothes, linens, carpets and furniture. Some of which may have to be replaced. (DARN) And according to my insurance company, the repairs and cleaning have totaled (so far) over $18,000! I'm just glad I have insurance! And a wonderful father-in-law!!!!!!

So trying not to go crazy with 4 kids in a hotel, we swim about 3 times a day and go to the park a lot! We also went to the zoo, the dinosaur museum, and went and saw Wal-e.

Swimming 3 times a day tires them out at least!




3 comments:

Marie said...

Oh man, I am sorry! If you need anything let me know!!!

V and Co. said...

whoah , that sucks! would you be able to get together tonight around 7 or so? i'm leaving tomorrow morning so not much time...

Anonymous said...

I am glad that things have worked out as well as they have...what a crappy thing to go through. Hope things get better. Oh and your canoe trip looked like a blast.